2012/07/10

now book from week 26



Working in a large, thick journal hasn't been working for me these past few years, which is why you haven't seen anything from me lately. I just feel trapped by the commitment of something that seems neverending and unfinishable, and I hate not finishing things. So I decided to keep it light and just make one of these now books whenever I felt like creating.

This one is from two weeks ago, made almost entirely from scraps and stuff thrown in the paper recycling bin, and captures a lot of restlessness and anxiety. Those feelings have gone away now, but this little colorful thing is still here with me. Just the way I like it.

2 comments:

  1. This is great. I saw the pages on flickr and just had to leave you a comment. I love that you use your emotions to trigger/drive yourself into making art! That's how it should be if you ask me. I like making really neat colorful stuff out of trash/recycles too.

    I think you have something here. Even if its small, restless, and fleeting. The randomness of it might be just the ticket, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your nice words! maybe you're right that the randomness is the ticket.

    ReplyDelete